Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Monday, April 14, 2008

I.C.E. Society

While attending Imaging USA in January Ela, Christi and me were lucky enough to attend a lecture by Jerry Ghionis. Jerry is not only an amazing photographer, but also a talented teacher and just an awesome person to be around.

We spent some time talking with him and I also bought his Ordinary - Extraordinary picpockets. These little cards are great inspiration and tools to get your brain thinking like (as Jerry puts it) a MacGyver. Do you remember that TV show? MacGyver always finds himself in a race against time to solve a problem without the use of any tools except for what he can find right around him.

This is what Jerry encourages...using the things you find around you on any shoot at any moment to turn an ordinary scene into something extraordinary. My favorite example he gave is from the photo on the front of the pack: He shined a video light through an old fan to create the interesting light pattern on this model.

Well I am excited to find out he has finally launched his new Web site I.C.E. Society. Ice stands for : Inspire, Challenge, Educate - and that is exactly what Jerry does! I hope you find his site as inspiring as I do!

No comments: