Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Monday, April 7, 2008

When The Saints....

I kept hearing this song on the radio that I really loved and I finally took the time today to find out what it is...Sara Groves sings an awesome rendition of an old classic song: When the Saints (go marching in). And YES! I do want want to be one them!!!

The lyrics in this song are salve to my soul: i have a heavy burden of all i have seen and know * it's more than i can handle * but your word is burning like a fire shut up in my bones * and i can't let it go * and when i'm weary and overwrought * with so many battles left unfought * i think of paul and silas in the prison yard * i hear their song of freedom rising to the stars * and when the saints go marching in * i want to be one of them * i see the long quiet walk along the underground railroad * i see the slave awakening to the value of her soul * i see the young missionary and the angry spear * I see his family returning with n trace of fear * i see the long hard shadows of calcutta nights * i see the sister standing by the dying man's side * i see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor * i see the man with a passion come kicking down that door * I see a man of sorrow and his long troubled road * i see the world on his shoulders and my easy load