Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Panayiota and John Step Into the Limelight | Louisville, KY


Panayiota and John were married in Louisville, KY at Assumption Greek Orthodox Church, which Panayiota's father Mikhalis helped to build. The celebration followed at The Olmstead.

Their story as told in their own words:

After over 5 years, we are ready to celebrate our love and commitment with our family and friends.

About the bride
Where do I start! Maybe the first way to explain how crazy I am is to let everyone know my other great News! No, No, it is NOT a baby! I am graduating May 11, 2012 (yes, 8 days before the wedding) from my Dream School, Vanderbilt University with my second Masters. I am becoming a Certified Nurse Midwife and Family Nurse Practitioner. 2012 will be one of a best years of my life!
 
About the groom
John is the luckiest guy in the world because he is marrying Panayiota! No, just joking! He has been one of my greatest supporters and quickly became part of my family. He is a project manager for TestAmerica. People say you marry someone like your father and they are right! John played soccer and was goalie for Kentucky Wesleyan, puts his all in his work, is a hard worker, and teases me and knows how to get to me all the time. 

How we met
Our meeting was really a chance meeting designed by God! It had been years since my family and I went to Owensboro, KY. My family and I decided to go to an engagement party. As I was getting ready for the party, the grandfather of the bride started telling me "Panayiota, wait until you meet James' (the groom) best friend, John Paul! He will be your new boyfriend!" My response: "Well, thanks but I am really not looking for a boyfriend right now!" He kept insisting. At party, I met John and if you ask him and James, they had a game plan how to get us to talk. I was shocked that I met a guy who had a biology major and psychology minor just like me! As the party ended, the grandfather said to me "I will see you back for Thanksgiving!" I continued thinking he was crazy but nope, he was right! Now, John and I cannot imagine our lives without each other! We are each other greatest supporter and no matter what life has thrown our way we have worked through it together.

Date of event
Friday, November 26, 2010

How we got engaged
John had big wonderful plans for our proposal and then I made plans for that night. Even tough his plans were changed, our proposal was the best I could ever imagine. It was the first day of snow in Louisville of 2010. John came to my parents' house the day after Thanksgiving and I was intensely writing a Theory paper in my sweats. John was hanging out with my dad while I was writing which is a normal occurrence. All of a sudden, John started pushing me to get ready for going out but I kept insisting that I was on a roll and had time. Then, my dad started pushing so I did. As soon as I got done, John asked me to go out and help him get something out of his car but I did not want to then my dad made me. Ok, at this point, I started running around putting on my shoes saying "Don't get your hopes up! Don't get your hopes up!" My mom thought I was going crazy. I walked outside and said, "What did you get that big screen TV?" He said, "Yes, you want to see it!" then he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was so shocked. I could not say a word. He then said,"Um, I asked you a question." I finally caught my breath and said, "Of Course, I will marry you!" While we were outside, my dad was getting my mom and brother and telling them. We went back and inside and celebrate with my family and began calling John's family and our friends. 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



For more information about Limelight Photography, please visit www.stepintothelimelight.com.

No comments: