Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Saturday, April 12, 2008

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother

I had the privilege of meeting Anita Renfroe last fall while attending the Women of Faith conference.




Anita is an amazingly talented comedian who had me laughing so hard! She takes a look at everyday situations in a such way that just about everyone can relate. She has a sassy sense of humor and warm heart for God. Currently I am reading one of her books: If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother. I love my mom...she is my role model and I confide everything in her. She is my best friend. She laughs with me, cries with me and encourages me when I need it. She also gives me a good kick in the behind if I need that too! My mom believes in me and supports me 110% on everything I do. BUT...on the other hand we are day and night with our personalities! I am creative and a little more spur of the moment, while my mom is very dependable and wants to plan everything! For example, she will start planning Thanksgiving dinner 1 month ahead of time...the entire menu, the time we are eating, right down to where the dishes will be set on the counter top and which serving utensils we will be using. I on the other hand cannot even plan ahead to dinner at lunch time! It's more like my tummy starts growling and then I look at the clock and realize it is already 10pm and I didn't eat anything yet today so I better eat something now!


Anita's book takes a light-hearted look at little differences like this - and how to embrace them and how to have a healthy Mom-Daughter relationship. You have to check out this hilarious 'Mom Song' Anita sings set to the William Tell Overture.



No comments: