Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Friday, March 30, 2012

Giannina + Stefan Featured in the Limelight | Hilton Tampa Downtown | Tampa, FL Wedding Photography

Giannina and Stefan were married in the courtyard outside under a beautiful spring sky and they followed with a celebration at the Hilton Tampa Downtown.

Artistry Designs provides full service wedding and event decor and they love being a part of a brides special day. Giannina wanted to create a 1920's look and together they came up with a color combination of black, red and a splash of purple. Artistry Designs surprised her the day of the wedding by black feathers to her centerpieces! Artistry Designs also provided the uplighting which illuminated the room beautifully and gold chargers.

Chic Designs & Fabulous Events provided day of coordination and planning for Giannina & Stefan's special day. Giannina worked together with Chic Designs & Fabulous Events for a little over 5 months at building a friendship, which would ultimately allow her to enjoy the planning process. At times Chic Designs & Fabulous Events took a passive role and simply provided guidance on items where Giannina & Stefan needed assistance. On the wedding day Chic Designs & Fabulous Events was with Giannina from beginning to end making sure that her vision was executed and her day rain seamlessly, allowing both Giannina & Stefan to enjoy the LOVE they share for one another with their family and friends.

The fabulous vendors that made this wedding possible include:

Bar, Caterer, Ceremony, Linens, Venue ~ Hilton Tampa Downtown
Cake ~ Olympia
DJ/Entertainment ~ DJ Papi
Event Planner ~ Chic Designs & Fabulous Events
Florals/Lighting/Rentals ~ Artistry Designs
Officiant ~ Frank Alvarez-Gil
Musicians ~ Danny Ozado Band
Videographer ~ Tampa Wonderworks

THEIR STORY:
She said...
At the ripe old age of 9 years old, I not only started the 4th grade at the Academy of the Holy Names, I also laid eyes on Stefan Alvarez (who was in the 3rd grade) for the very first time. Who was this charming and lanky 4 foot dream?... It would take me 12 patient years to find out.

Never revealing my feelings, I continued through my elementary, junior high, and high school years admiring him from a distance, as he shot 3-pointers on the tar black top and talked his way out of the consequences of his mischief with every figure of authority within a 2 mile radius. I also sat back as his female cohorts dropped like flies, one by one, falling for this boy-band look alike.

As high school came to an end, I began to have dreams about Stefan, his face would just appear out of nowhere. The dreams continued into my early college years, which forced me to ask people about his whereabouts. One evening, on a slightly sleepless night, I had the dream that broke the camel's back. In telling my mother about this foretelling dream, she encouraged me to just find him and tell him. Ironically, within one week, we ran right into each other at the Rack, a local Tampa pub, and we inevtiably began our journey.

We have now been together over 6 years, and in that time we have truly integrated ourselves into one another's lives and families.

PROPOSAL:
(Its a long one, but I promise it's worth reading...)
It was around 9:30pm and I had just gotten home from class. Stefan, who had been waiting for me to arrive, kept urging me to quickly eat my dinner so that we could rush over to Yogurtology, one of our favorite neo west-coast yogurt concepts. After consuming my dinner in 2 minutes flat, we jumped in the car and headed to the yogurt shop.

As we were cruising down Henderson Blvd the following conversation took place...
Giannina: "Babe, I'm so happy"
Stefan: "Really?!? Well, if you could have anything in the world right now, what would it be?"
Giannina: (immediately registering what this could mean, my face dropped and I very quietly responded...) "Marriage?"
Stefan: (smirks and pauses...): "No, yogurt! If you could have anything in the world it would be yogurt."
Giannina: "THANK GOD!! You really scared me just now, I thought you were going to propose. Phewww!!"

Upon our arrival Stefan lets me know that he is not actually in the mood for a yogurt and that his stomach was not up for it. I, not surprised at all with his tempestuous stomach, begin sampling flavors not thinking twice about his change of heart. We sit and talk as I eat my yogurt, and Stefan very calmly carries on with the coversation as if we were truly there to just sit and eat a delightful dairy treat.

We are now walking to the car, and as I reach to open the passenger door, I hear Stefan say (from behind me) "Giannina, if you could have anything what would it be?" At this point my eyes had zeroed in on a little, black velvet box on the passenger seat. I knew now... I knew that he could no longer be referring to yogurt, because as logic would tell me I had just eaten a yogurt. I froze and turned around and saw him on his knee in the middle of the parking lot. My eyes were as big as golf balls. He then says to me "Giannina, I can't wait any longer! I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me??" I threw my hands over my mouth and gasped, while Stefan was kneeled down, overhetaing on the verge of an emotional breakdown. I then said "Yes, of course I'll marry you," as I helped him up and fanned him. I threw my arms around him, and he said "Don't you want to look at the ring?" We broke out into laughter and I opened the box.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


No comments: