Review Limelight Photography at WeddingWire

Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Beginnings, New Blog

Ok...I have struggled and struggled to get motivated on this Blog and write consistently. Ela and I have a new plan...we are going to write back and forth to each other through the Blog. With her down in Miami my office is a little lonely now:( Mike and I are still working together, but his office is on the other side of the house.

Ela is coming to town on Friday. We are going to a do a model shoot - Me, Ela and Christi and a couple of our second shooters. We will be doing a night shoot in downtown Tampa. And then Ela and I are shooting a friend's wedding on Saturday.

For now, I am leaving you with a few of my favorite images from Shabnam and Aaron's wedding. This was a beautiful Persian wedding at the Westin Harbour Island.


Shabnam's dark eyes are so enchanting!






Well, I cannot read Farsi, but the Qur'an text is a beautiful background for the wedding rings.





These were Shabnam's gift to Aaron - too cute! They are daschund cuff links in honor of Aaron's daschund.(Daschund's are the long, cute hot-dog dogs).


The traditions of the Persian ceremony include a beautiful and elaborately decorated spread on the floor called "Sofreh-ye Aghd." Traditionally the Sofreh-ye Aghd is set on the floor facing east, the direction of sunrise (light). So when the bride and groom are seated at the head of the Sofreh-ye Aghd they will be facing "The Light."









No comments: